Different signage solutions for varying business needs
Border Safeguard can assist your company in providing clear signs and notices to meet the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and BS5499 part 4 and part 10, BS5378 and BS ISO 16069 relating to the design, manufacture, selection and installation of signage. When combined with emergency lighting, regular fire extinguisher servicing and a state-of-the-art fire alarm, fire signage significantly helps with the evacuation of staff from a business.
The codes of practice include recommendations for the use of high level, intermediate and low locations signs and markings to ensure there is an uninterrupted safety sign system to aid an efficient and safe evacuation of the building. The codes also reflect best practice and show how to use safety signs in a standardised manner to ensure consistent application throughout a particular environment or an entire organisation.
- Photoluminescent Identification - Photoluminescent signs provide a cost effective solution to delivering an illuminated sign system in the event of power failure. To obtain maximum photoluminescent intensity, signs are placed as close as possible to an existing light source. Further information on Photoluminescent Safety Signs is available before placing your order with us.
- Directional, Final Exit & Means of Escape - BS ISO 16069: 2004 safety way guidance system gives recommendations for use of sign systems at high and intermediate level. In situations where smoke is present, sign systems at a high and intermediate level would not be effective. Low Location Lighting (LLL) Systems are essential and should be considered as primary signage along with the high level system. These signs and markers are designed to mark evacuation routes, the exit doors and fire fighting equipment.
- Mandatory Door Signs - We can supply a full range of signs to provide specific instructions concerning fire doors. These are can also be used to identify and locate fire equipment from several directions.
- Extinguisher Identification - In case of fire it is essential that fire fighting equipment is readily available to be used as a first response. For this reason such equipment needs to be located quickly and easily. Permanent signs must be used at all times and placed at the location of each piece of equipment and at the correct height. In a situation where the equipment and location signs are directly obstructed from the line of vision, another sign is required to inform the location of the equipment. We can offer a range of extinguisher mounting boards to identify your fire extinguisher and instruct in its use.
- Fire Equipment – We can supply rigid PVC, self adhesive vinyl and photoluminescent signs to identify, locate and instruct in the use of fire equipment, portable equipment and fixed systems.
- Fire Action Signs - A full range of signs to provide specific instructions concerning access to means of escape and procedure in the event of fire can be supplied.
We are based in the Scottish Borders, but supply and fit fire signage for businesses in Northumberland, the Lothians and Edinburgh. If you'd like a free, no obligation quote for signage please get in touch and we'd be happy to help.